The job application is touted to be one of the first ones filed by Apple co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, a year before he joined Atari in 1974 where he met his Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. Jobs and Wozniak opened Apple in 1976 with their first office set up at Jobs’ garage in Los Altos, California, US. The application sees Jobs mentioning English Literature as his major along with Calculator and Computer design technician as his skills.
Charterfields described the job application as:
- A single page signed job application from 1973 is being offered for sale by auction.
- In the questionnaire, Steve Jobs highlights his experience with “computers and calculators” and special abilities in “electronic tech or design engineer – digital.”
- The questionnaire is believed to have been completed around the time he dropped out of Reed College in Portland, Oregon.
- A year later he joined Atari as a technician where he worked with Steve Wozniak before they founded Apple in 1976.
- The application is in very good condition with some overall creasing, light staining, and old clear tape to the top edge. It is accompanied by letters and certificates of authenticity.
Posthumously, Jobs memorabilia have sold for big money as a signed floppy disk and a Newsweek magazine sold for $84,115 (roughly Rs. 60 lakhs) and $50,000 (roughly Rs. 35 lakhs), respectively.
Is HomePod mini the best smart speaker under Rs. 10,000? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.