According to a recent survey, Tinder found out that more than 40% of respondents have encountered a former partner on a dating app. In the survey, the company also found out that 24% of the respondents have seen a family member, a colleague or even worse, their professor’s profile on a dating app. Understandably. 78% of the respondents said that they would prefer not to see or be seen by these connections on a dating application.
To solve this problem, Tinder has rolled out a new feature called Block Contacts on its platform. As the name suggests, this feature gives Tinder users more control over their online dating experience. It allows them to block people, such as friends, family members, exes, or even colleagues — whom they do not want to see in their profiles from appearing in their profiles. It also makes sure that these people are unable to see their profiles, as well.
One advantage of this Tinder feature is that blocked contacts will not know if they have been blocked. It also doesn’t affect a user’s existing matches or messages. Also, according to Tinder, that blocking someone does not mean they already have an existing account on Tinder.
Here is the process to do so:
- Open your Tinder profile and tap on the profile icon.
- Head to the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down and choose the “Block Contacts” option.
- To access your contacts option, press the Grant Tinder permission.
- Under the Contacts tab, choose the people that you want to avoid from your contact list.
- Click on the button that reads Tinder Block Contacts.