Digital Locker or Digi Locker is a revolutionary initiative aimed at removing the hassles of physical documents and promoting usage of E-documents. Falling under the Digital India initiative, the E-documents stored in DigiLocker can be shared with Government or other entities as users can upload and share the scanned documents from anywhere and anyplace.
How can I open DigiLocker account?
Creating an account is DigiLocker is a smooth process. Below mentioned steps can be used when creating a DigiLocker.
- Visit the Official website for Digi Locker
- Here is the direct link to it
- Go with the Sign Up option. You will be asked to enter mobile number
- After entering mobile number, you will receive an OTP on your mobile
- Enter a received OTP and click on Verify
- A window will open asking you to set your username and password
- After choosing a suitable username and password, you need to verify your Aadhaar number,
- Aaadhar can be verified either by using OTP or by using fingerprint.
- On selecting the OTP option, a pass code will be sent to your phone number which is registered with Aadhaar.
- After entering OTP, click on the validate OTP button. If successfully validated your registration is completed.
- If you select the finger-print method to validate Aadhaar, you will need a fingerprint device
How can I Register for Digi Locker Without Aadhar Number ?
- Visit the official website for Digi locker and click on Sign up button
- Enter your mobile number and click on the continue button
- You then need to enter the OTP sent on your phone and hit the verify button.
- Once verified you can enter username and password.
- You will see an option that reads “Don’t have Aadhar?” Click on it and you will be directed to your account.